Friday 29 May 2015

Eleven Things (Liebster Award)

My lovely friend Nicki who blogs at On The Changing Mat nominated me to answer her eleven questions for the Liebster Award. 
Please forgive my terrible writing. Here we go....


1. Would you consider yourself to be a tidy person or a messy person? 

I wish to be a tidy person. I do try but it's just not in me and never has been! Clutter just seems to follow me wherever I go. Even my desk at work is horribly untidy (although I blame that on samples and magazines that get left on my desk). I'm hoping my nesting instinct will kick in soon for my 26+6 week baby bump and I'll remain a tidy person forever!

2. Would you consider yourself to be a hoarder? 

Yes, I am a massive hoarder! I've kept my birthday cards since I was ten. I keep nice wrapping paper in case I can reuse it, the same for gift bags. I can't bear to throw these things away. When I think that someone that loves me has put thought and effort into a choosing a card I just can't throw it away. Saying that, I am getting better and only keeping cards from my closest family and friends. Jason tries to throw away the gift bags I've kept without me realising. Sometimes I spy them in the recycling and hide them in the house!
I've realised that the clutter in my house makes me stressed so I'm working hard to get out of the hoarder mentality and throw/recycle/give things away. 

3. Would you consider yourself to be career driven?

Growing up, it was always instilled in me that I MUST be career driven to succeed in life. If I didn't get a good job, earn lots of money, have a nice car, a rich husband then I couldn't be happy. 

For me this couldn't be further from the truth, I've tried to be career driven and it has made me miserable. We have a house and our health, Matilda is growing, learning and happy, this is what's most important to us. 

This may be different if I was in a more preferred line of work, if I was working in my dream job, or at least a job that made a positive difference in the world then I'm sure I would be career driven. I admire anyone that is, and it certainly is nice to be able to work hard and treat yourself! 





4. What book or books are you reading at the moment?

I used to get through a book a week, but lately (over the past couple of years) I just can't seem to finish a book. I blame the internet and my waning attention span.
I have 5 books on the go at the moment:
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Ways of seeing - John Berger
French Children Don't Throw Food - Pamela Druckerman
Where I Lived and What I Lived For - Henry David Thoreau
Nature and it's Symbols - Lucia Impelluso

5. What are the 5 most recent websites you’ve visited?

1. We Transfer - downloading the exhibition posters a graphic designer friend has put together for the exhibition I'm curating
2. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/VelveteenBabies - wishing I could buy everything in this Etsy shop for Matilda and baby bump
3. My tumblr that I'm currently updating with my photography and working on getting a        domain name for
4. http://www.ohcomely.co.uk/
5. Pinterest - for garden and interiors inspiration.

6. What was the last thing you bought?

The last thing I bought was a new phone case - not very exciting!



7. What are your thoughts on exercise? Do you do it? Are you a regular do-er?

I used to love it, and now I seem to just love the idea of it. I can't ever seem to get motivated. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I bought a pregnancy yoga DVD. I've only done it once so far, in SIX months. Everyday at work I sit at my desk and tell myself I will do it tonight, but I get home and bath, feed and change Matilda with Jason, he then goes to work and I find it hard to get myself motivated to do anything.

I used to go running and did the Folkestone half marathon a couple of years ago, which I enjoyed and hope to do again next year! 

8. What’s your favourite smell?

Jo Malone's Peony and Blush perfume. It's heavenly. Also, the smell after it has rained in the summer. 

9. How does a typical day go? 

My alarm goes off at 6.45am, I usually snooze until Matilda wakes up around 7.15 - 7.30 and go and get her bottle. I bring her into our room where she has her first bottle and I get ready for work. 
I leave for work at 8 to start at 8.30 working through until 5. As soon as the clock hits 17:00 I'm out the door excited to get home and hear about Jason and Matilda's day together. 
Jason usually has dinner ready for when I get home unless he has to go straight out to work. We then bath Matilda and get her ready for bed, she watches In the Night Garden with her bottle and then walks out of the room to climb the stairs to her bedroom. She likes going to bed, strange child!
I then usually tidy up Matilda's toys and watch The Simpsons. At 26 I still love it. 
I'll put some washing on and then try to tackle my massive To Do list. At the moment my evenings are spent on exhibition planning. I'm curating an exhibition at the end of July, which I am also exhibiting in. So my evenings are spent sending emails, shortlisting which images to show and figuring out space and logistics of the gallery. 
I usually go to bed at around 11, although I could easily be asleep by 9!

10. When did you start your blog and why?

I started my blog a long time ago just before we bought our house (I think). To document the progress we were making and just as a way for me to store memories. I never intended it to be something I'd have to work at. Partly because I'm a terrible writer and could never be a successful blogger! I've been blogging on and off every since. I keep meaning to do another pregnancy post, which I hope I'll get round to this weekend. 

11. What are your nails like right now?

Awful. I plan to paint them before going to see from friends tomorrow. I find it hard to keep my nails pristine once I have painted them. I also have a tendency to peel off my nail varnish. One day I hope I can take more pride in my appearance!


I'll add my eleven questions for fellow IGers when I've had a cuppa and a teacake!

No comments:

Post a Comment