Tuesday 4 December 2012

Extra Curricular

Lately I've come to realise more and more how important it is to make sure I do things outside of work. I have never wanted to become someone that lives to work, which is ok if you are doing something you genuinely love, but for most people that doesn't happen. 

Soon I start piano lessons, I am beyond excited! A colleague at work recommended a piano teacher in Whitstable, he teaches jazz, blues and rock n roll, hours of practicing scales is not necessary! I learnt to read music at a young age, and had guitar lessons for years (and a few trombone lessons too), so I'm sight reading will come back to me with a bit of practice. I don't really have a goal in sight, I'm just so looking forward to playing! One day I hope to have a piano like this:



I'm going to the Lindy Hop snow ball in London next Wednesday, I can't wait, Rob (my dance partner) and I have been waiting for this all year! I still have no idea what to wear, I know some people don't dress up. So, maybe just my swing dance shoes and a vintage print dress, and attempt to do victory rolls in hair. I'm hoping that will be ok!

Thursday is my birthday, yay! Jason and I are going to Whitstable for a wander then to Canterbury to visit the Freemasons museum, we've wanted to go for ages but just haven't got round to it yet. I need to get some photos printed in Jessops too, but I really don't like them. Whenever I have had film developed they have shown complete disregard, and have given it back scratched and with dirty finger prints on! 

I have also started running again, just once a week at the moment, I don't particularly fancy going running in the dark after work so I'm sticking to Sunday mornings, it's also about as much as i can take when its -1 outside! Jason pointed out that I am moody when I don't exercise! I'm also pretty conscious about my health at the moment so figured it would be good all round!




No comments:

Post a Comment