Wednesday 19 March 2014

Diary of a first time mum (Part I)

Six weeks and six days ago Matilda Isabelle Frye was born and it was the best experience, having a water birth, although I was pretty high on gas and air. 

Being a new mum is everything I expected it to be - tiring, rewarding, challenging, scary and brilliant fun! Watching a baby that you have created change and grow every day is a very surreal experience. From the first explosive baby poo (Jason and I could not stop laughing) to the first 'real' (non-windy) smile. Cold cups of tea are something you get used to alongside being covered in poo/wee/sick. Despite this, and really, for me, it's all part of the fun, I spend everyday in awe, looking at Matilda and thinking how wonderful nature is (pass the sick bucket!). 

Buckley (our miniature schnauzer) is very protective over Matilda and runs from which ever room he is in whenever she starts to cry. He often brings her toys and places them next to her bouncy chair and after he realises she can't play with him he sleeps at the foot of her chair. 

Last week I took a huge step and ordered a baby monitor. I had always sworn to myself that I would never get one for fear of finding there may be a ghost/poltergeist in our house (I have been subjected to too many horror films, but we do have a ghost cat), but without one it is hard to get things done whilst knowing that your baby is safe. 

Here are a few photographs of the little one:






No comments:

Post a Comment