Wednesday 2 October 2013

Baby M, you are a little rascal!

Yesterday Baby M decided to give me a whole bunch of trouble. I was slightly concerned after getting to work as I hadn't felt her move yet, but figured it was nothing and as I was really busy had maybe just overlooked any movement. After getting out of my 10am meeting I had this awful pain in my back. I called the day care unit, expecting some advice and to be told it was nothing. The midwife asked me some questions and told me to come in right away. 

On the way to the hospital I was laughing because I was in so much pain, which quickly turned to horrible whale/Jabba the Hutt like noises! The whole of my stomach kept turning rock solid and so I though I was going into labour (albeit 17 weeks early). It certainly felt that way, I've never felt so much pain in all my life! 

At the hospital they transferred me to the labour ward straight away, by this point I was slightly hysterical, and was being fussed over in a room by a nurse, midwife, doctor and consultant. After a plastic tube being put in my arm, blood tests, examinations and scans I slept for a couple of hours. 



Luckily our little bambino is absolutely fine. From the scan we were told again we were having a girl! But the pain was caused by fluid on my kidneys, the doctor said because I am slight of build there is not much room for baby and organs. So the amniotic sac was pressing against the fluid and tube of my kidney (OUCH!!!). Despite the staff knowing the pain it causes there is nothing they can do! I've just been told to 'take it easy'. All I can say is that if childbirth is anything like what I experienced yesterday afternoon I'm going to want all the painkillers I can get my hands on! 

Baby M is a right little rascal! I can tell we are going to have a sassy little girl on our hands and I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment