Tuesday 12 March 2013

Half marathon training

Dogs for the Disabled|Half Marathon|Vintage Penguin Books

This years Folkestone half marathon is on the 29th September. Last year, not only did I give myself eight weeks to train but I was ill the week before and on the day, needless to say that my time was not great. I had obviously expected this but for being fairly competitive I knew straight away that the next time I'd be able to do better. And so, I'm starting my training five and a half months before race day. 
I also have someone else to go running with this year which makes it so much more easier to go out, we also do half an hour of yoga after we get in to wind down. 

I'm going to be running the half marathon for Dogs for the Disabled, they do lots of great work, training dogs to help disabled people with everyday activities, giving them freedom and independence. Check out all the great work that Dogs for the Disabled do here!

Laura told me this morning that the EU have banned the sale of all animal-tested cosmetics. I'm always on the hunt for cosmetics that are free from animal testing and sometimes find it difficult as many products are so badly labelled! 

On Saturday I had a wander around Margate Old Town and spent the best part of an hour in the Pilgrim's Hospice book shop. It used to be an old bank and is split over two floors, it's amazing. I always try not to go too crazy when I'm in there so this time I just came away with this really beautiful vintage penguin book titled Woodland Birds. It has some great prints in too which I had originally thought about framing, but I feel like I need to leave the book in one piece. 





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment