Wednesday 10 April 2013

Marina Abramovic and How to be Alone

Marina Abramovic|The Artist is Present|Performance Art
I thought I'd take the time to share a few videos, articles and websites that I've come across lately. 

I recently discovered Maria Popova's website - Brain Pickings after starting to follow her on twitter.
It's full of insightful articles and interesting videos. One page I stumbled across pulled at my heart strings -  Fiona Apple’s Stirring Handwritten Letter About Her Dying Dog.

Four years ago I first came across the performance artist Marina Abramovic she has done too much to mention, but if you get the opportunity check out her work, particularly Marina Abromovic - Rhythm 0, 1974. I really want to share this video from her most recent exhibition The Artist is Present:




Another video I came across last week, which I would encourage everyone to watch and exercise is How to be Alone by filmaker, Andrea Dorfman, and poet/singer/songwriter, Tanya Davis. Put your iPhone down  and enjoy your own company. 



Here are a few articles that I've read recently and have found very interesting!

Timeless Lessons in Ingenuity and Entrepreneurship from the Story of Polaroid

Being a Runner Does Not Make Me Crazy

The Solitude of Ravens




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment